StarBurst® Semi-Flex RFA Device
The StarBurst Semi-Flex RFA electrode is a versatile device that features both rigid (metal) and flexible (polymer) trocar sections. Its ability to bend up to 90 degrees in all directions enables easy gantry entrance for MRI and CT systems. This teaming of innovative needle design with imaging systems compatibility allows the StarBurst Semi-Flex RFA electrode to be used in percutaneous image-guided procedures. With multiple spherical ablation size capabilities of up to 5 cm in diameter at 1 cm increments, the Semi-Flex covers a broad spectrum of applications.
This minimally invasive RFA device ensures consistent, sustained target temperatures and enables the precise ablation of predictable volumes of tissue.
- A single device with the capability to produce scalable, spherical ablations (3-5 cm)
- Patented expandable, multi-array space filling configuration†
- Predictable, repeatable ablations††
- Multi-point temperature feedback with dynamic, real-time readouts
- 5 mm active tip allows for needletrack ablation
- Slim handle design
- Small minimally invasive incision with no soft tissue introducer required
- Fits both CT and MRI gantries
- Beveled surgical tip for easier penetration of hard tumors
- Nine arrays plus active trocar tip
- Five thermocouples